This post has been updated thanks to the many suggestions in the comments!
Ever been dressed in your casual attire and had a meeting crop up unexpectedly? Or have you ripped your stockings at work? Or been stuck with a headache and nothing to cure it? I hate the feeling of being caught out like that! Over time I’ve found there are some key items I like to keep at my desk, which I wanted to share with you.
Aside from the usual notebook, post-it notes and pens, the stash of essentials I like to keep on hand, include:
- Makeup – I keep a spare foundation, bronzer, lip gloss, lip balm and mascara, with a little pocket mirror, for touch ups or in case I have to go to an event unexpectedly.
- Hand cream to stop that oh-so-dry feeling from the air con.
- High heels – I always have a brown pair and a black pair sitting under my desk, as I often wear flats to work and find I need heels during the day.
- Perfume – the small tester-like bottles are great to keep at work, otherwise I wait until my bottle is low and I transfer it to the office.
- Deodorant – duh!
- Snacks – I keep a box of muesli bars in my draws along with 2minute noodles and a tin of tuna, just in case I ever forget my lunch or don’t have time to go out and grab it.
- Mints – of course!
- Black skirt – just in case I’m not dressed smartly enough for an unexpected meeting.
- Stockings – I once accidentally ripped my stockings when I was working an event at Parliament House (embarrassing right?)! I had to take them off, which didn’t matter but it freaked me out that I might tear a ladder at work so I like to keep a spare pair nearby…
- Comfy cardigan to keep you warm from the overly air conditioned office.
- Band aids – for the occasional blister.
- Panadol – headaches at work are the worst!
- Hand sanitizer. Good for yourself plus it can double as a desk cleaner.
- Throat lozenges – if I feel I’m getting sick, they’re great to have on hand.
- Pocket tissues
- Girly products – tampons etc
- Nail file – I hate the feeling of a rough broken nail for the day!
- Plastic bags – in case I have to carry things home that night and there’s no room in my handbag.
- iPh charger
- Spare change – I have a little box where I keep all my coins. So handy for coffees!
What are the essentials you keep at your desk? Leave a comment below x