Starting a new job can be daunting. It’s totally natural to feel stressed and nervous! But if you’re well organised, you can ensure a smooth kick start to your career.
To help calm those nerves, you can follow this guide to make sure you’re prepared for your first day:
- Be organised leading into the day
- Pick out your outfit the night before so you’re not stressed in the morning
- Don’t make big plans outside of work so you can concentrate on your first day
- Try break in your new heels in the lead up
- Get up early and have a coffee before you get in to the office – imagine if you end up going straight into a meeting and miss your coffee fix!
- Arrive five minutes early
- Be confident
- Take a notebook and pen so you can write down any tasks your given
- Pack a drink bottle and deodorant
- Wear an easy pair of flat shoes (such as jandals) to work. Change into your heels before you start and just keep your flats in your handbag to avoid having sore feet
- Pack band aids for blisters
- Smile and be polite!
What do you recommend doing or having for the first day? Please share your thoughts in the comments section below!