I’m moving into a new pad soon (more on that later) and I’ve been day-dreaming about how I’m going to organise my new home office! Finally – no more setting up on the dining room table. This gal has got a spare bedroom, aka new study, to arrange.
In preparation, here is how I’m organising my home office.
To keep on the desk:
- Tray labelled ‘To Organise’ (for loose papers that need filing, mail etc.)
- 1 x notebook
- To do list and notepad
- Stationery (calculator, cello tape etc.) (or put in a draw)
- Magazine holder (for below envelope folders)
- Lamp (I have my eye on Typo’s rose gold industrial light)
- Clock (I might need a matching rose gold one)
- Flowers in a vase for decoration
To store in boxes: (with appropriate labels)
- Technology (cables, plugs etc.)
- Craft Supplies (stickers, string etc.)
- Gift Goods (ribbons, wrapping paper etc.)
- Sewing (buttons from clothes etc.)
- Memories (birthday cards, invites etc.)
- Travel items (passports, travel wallet, spare foreign coins etc.)
- Large envelope folder: Blog (any print-outs, receipts etc.)
- Large envelope folder: Work (contracts, forms etc.)
- Ring binder folder: Personal (banking, medical, house, bills, certificates)
Stay tuned! I’ll be sharing more about my home office journey as I go…
How do you like to organise your workspace?